Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Can we say "HANDFUL"??

As many of you know... Ben keeps me on my toes on a daily basis. However yesterday was a special kind of behavior. We were eating breakfast and when I got up to get him out of his highchair, he decided to stick his fingers in his mouth and gag himself, resulting in throwing up all over the place!! Which by the way - I don't do well with apparently. Well after cleaning it up, I put him in the tub to get him all clean. I decided to take some pictures because I don't have any of him in the bath. Well as you can see in this picture... we has a water bottle that we use to rinse out his hair. He enjoys playing with it in the faucet and then dumping it on him...


Well yesterday, he thought it would be funny to fill it up in the faucet and then throw it outside of the bath tub. So then I had to clean up ANOTHER mess in the bathroom. Let's just say, that was the beginning of an extremely difficult day. =)

On top of learning how to gag himself, he has also learned some other fun things. Such as... he can roll down the window in the back seat; he has learned to grind his teeth; he has figured out that he LOVES to spit; if he doesn't get his way - he throws himself on the ground and has himself a huge temper tantrum; and instead of sitting in shopping carts - he likes to walk behind it and push it. Those are just a few of the fun things he's learned.

He's not quite talking yet but can say a few words. Some of his favorites are this, that, mama, dada, and kitty/doggy (same word for both - sounds like kitty). When we get ready to go bye-bye he blows kisses and walks toward the door holding either my purse or his diaper bag. When he wants to go outside he will bring me his shoes to put on. He also can point out several body parts, such as his eyes, ears, nose, mouth, belly button, toes and hair. He especially likes to point out mommy's belly button. He is not very gentle when he does this either... which his little brother is not a fan of.

I realized today that we haven't taken any pictures of this pregnancy, so we thought we would take one today. Here's a couple of pictures, please don't make fun of the hair or lack of make-up. I just stepped out of the shower. This is me at 28 weeks.



We had an ultrasound last week and learned that the baby is doing VERY well. He is bigger than Ben was at this stage. He is measuring in the 71st percentile and weighing in at 2 1/2 pounds. The doctor said everything looks good and I haven't been having any pre-term labor which is awesome. I had told some people that we were planning to do a C-Section to avoid any complications during the delivery. However, after speaking with the doctor a little more about it, we feel there is not much of a risk of having the complication again, and even if we do - we feel that the doctor would be able to keep it under control. So we have decided to go with a normal delivery and hope for the best.

We put up our Christmas tree on the day after Thanksgiving. That was fun until Ben decided to take an ornament off the tree and bang it on our coffee table breaking it. So - now all the ornaments are on the top half of the tree. :) But here's a couple pictures of Aaron and Ben putting up the ornaments.





Anyway - that pretty much sums up what's been goin on down here. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the holiday season!!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Cute belly! Ben looks so big, geez. He looks very different from when I saw him! Michael is 10 months, I can't believe that I went birthday shopping for him the other day! Ah! I'll be home Christmas Day-New Year's Day so if you are in town we should do something!

Valerie Hall said...

I know what your going through. Same stuff here! Good luck, I guess we just all need to try and enjoy the adventure at this age.

Unknown said...

You are so cute pregnant! Don't ya love the not so great things that kids learn?