Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas with the Jones' this year

Well we had a great Christmas this year! Benjamin seemed to really enjoy opening presents and has had a blast with everything he received! We spent Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family which was nice. After Annie's house, we went home and attempted to go to sleep. I haven't been sleeping at all, and on Christmas Eve I only slept for an hour and found myself watching A Very Brady Christmas at 6:30 in the morning - waiting for Aaron and Benjamin to wake up.
Here are some pictures from Annie's house...
Here's Annie with one of her gifts
Taylor, Nikki and Tim just hanging out

Don, Marianne and Don David
Mom and Dad - love this picture
Ben playing with Uncle Tim
Christmas morning when Aaron and Ben woke up we did our stockings and then the presents from the Haroldsen side of the family. It was very relaxing to have it just the three of us. This was the first time Aaron and I had ever NOT spent the night with one of our families on Christmas Eve. It was pretty fun to just take it easy and enjoy the morning. Here are some pictures of Ben opening his stocking and playing with some of his new toys...

Opening his stocking with daddy


Playing with the drill that Grandma & Grandpa Haroldsen bought him


Helping Dad open his stocking


Little dinosaur that was in his stocking


Magnet toy from Aunt Emily
After we opened our gifts at home, we went over for breakfast at my mom's house (yummy breakfast tacos... my FAVORITE) and then we opened gifts with them. After opening presents, I started to feel the effects of not sleeping and so we left for a few hours to take a nap. We went back over for Prime Rib dinner and some good Karaoke fun! Nikki got a karaoke machine for Christmas so we all had to get up and sing. Here are some pictures from the party at their house...

Lounging on the couch

Mom and Dad singing Karaoke

Benjamin attempting to sing :)

Nikki and Taylor singing

Aaron and I ATTEMPTING to sing haha
Overall we had an AWESOME Christmas and want to thank everyone for contributing to our Holiday! We had a blast with the Jones side this year! We missed the Haroldsen's and hope we can make it up there next year!!
As an update for the unborn baby - it looks like we are back to having Pre-Term Labor problems. I spent the night in the hospital on Friday Dec. 19th with contractions and the doctor has pretty much said there is nothing they can do to stop this baby from coming early. I have already begun dialating so it's just a matter of how long I can hold out before he joins us. We are hoping to make it til Feb 5th at least, as that will be the "safe zone" of 36 weeks. My contractions are worse with this one then they were with Benjamin, and I began dialating 4 weeks earlier than I did with Ben. So we will see how it goes! We are hoping everything works out and that little Tyson is healthy when he arrives.
I hope everyone has a great New Year! We love you all and hope you had a great Christmas!

3 comments:

Kahana said...

Looks like you guys had a great Christmas!! I love the picture of your mom and dad singing, thats an adorable picture. I still say you should send me the video of you singing ;) Yumm prime rib dinner, we had the same thing! I love that stuff. So good.

Valerie Hall said...

I am so sorry you are having problems again. I am glad you at least got to enjoy Christmas. Keep us posted on how the pregnancy is going.

Unknown said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun! I can't believe how big Benjamin is getting! He's very cute! Good luck with the new baby. I hope that he waits to come when it's safer for him to be here.