Thursday, May 29, 2008

Family Reunion





We went to a Jones family reunion over the Memorial Day weekend in Gilmer, Texas. Talk about a small town!! We had a pretty good time. Our family gets together at my grandpa's cousin's home and just visit. There is food, games, 4-wheelin on a John Deer Gator, rides around the property in some golf carts, and fishing at a little pond. Overall it's a good time, but the weather was ridiculous. It was really hot outside with no breeze. Ben got warm so we filled up a bucket that we had in the truck with water and stuck him in it. He loved it! I would have crawled in if I was small enough!!



After the reunion, we went to the Cemetery to visit some grave sites of some family on my dad's side. It was fun to hear about the older members of our family that has passed on.



We got back on Sunday and spent Monday at my mom's house. We had a BBQ, played some Rock Bank and went swimming. Unfortunately, Ben started out the party by busting open his eyebrow. He fell down on the VCR. Luckily, he only cried for about 20 seconds, then went back to having a great time. He loves to swim - it's so much fun!

Here are some pictures of our weekend! Enjoy!



Well that's about it for our weekend! I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, I sure am sorry I missed that bucket swim - looks like it was big fun.

We're really happy that the Haroldsen's joined us at this year's Jones Reunion.

Love you guys,
marla k

Kahana said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!! Ben is soo adorable! What a cutie!

Camey said...

Hello! You never told me you have a blog. I e-mail you all the time and haven't heard. I am going to add you!