Sunday, August 24, 2008

Been a while...

Well it's been a while since I've written, so let me catch everyone up. I will start by finishing up our trip to Utah. After Ben finally got over his fever, he developed a rash on his torso and face. Turns out what he had was Hand, Foot and Mouth disease. We are thinking he got it from the Airport on that little toy or the other kids that were playing with him. We are not sure exactly how he got it. Here's a picture of his little rash, it's kinda hard to see...


We went to the park with Aaron's family on Pioneer Day and had a great time! On that Friday we did a combined birthday party for all of the July birthdays. Here's all the birthday boys and girls...
We spent the rest of the vacation just hanging out with the family. It was a very nice vacation (minus the sick baby part.) We are so glad we got to see everybody, and can't wait to see everyone again soon.


When we got back to Texas we celebrated Benjamin's 1st birthday! I started an evening job, so we had to do it over the weekend. The party was a little bit after his first birthday - but I figured he doesn't really know the difference. :)

He LOVED his cupcake!!

Anyway - since our trip to Utah, we have just been back to work and relaxing at home. We have had several visitors here in Austin, including my aunt Jamie and cousins Kade and Loni (visiting from Washington) It was great to see them!!

Tonight we had a BBQ at the Jones' with my mom's aunt Carolyn, uncle GD and cousin Becky. It was great to meet them! I don't know very many family members on my mom's side, so that was a treat to meet some of them finally!

In about a week we will have Leslie Turner here visiting, and then after that, we are very excited to have Craig and Kathie come see us!! It's been a busy summer, but a great one!!


3 comments:

Kahana said...

I love the cupcake picture! Hes so cute!!

Camey said...

You should have told me you were in Utah. I would have loved to see you. Also, I think I figured out your kids will be 18 months apart. Good luck!! It is so much fun, but harder than I expected it to be.

Valerie Hall said...

Ben looks so much like a Haroldsen!